Position Title: Service Administrator
The Service Administrator is an integral and vital part of the Service Department by facilitating the review,
closing and booking of the customer repair orders and recording and posting of technician’s time each day.
This position is crucial to achieve the highest customer satisfaction and dealer profitability by performing
his/her duties in accordance with current vendor and our company’s policies and procedures.
Accountabilities: This position is responsible for –
• Reviewing completed repair orders for items charged out (such as parts, outside purchases, lube, oil
and machine earning charges) prior to closing and billing.
• Assisting Service Department in answering telephone calls when necessary.
• Understanding and ensuring compliance with all International and vendor policies and procedures,
and ensuring proper documentation on all repair orders.
• Posting all sublet charges to applicable repair orders.
• Ensuring that items such as lubricants and grease are applied to repair order if applicable.
• Ensuring that machine earnings are collected at the correct percentage rate or flat charge.
• Reconciling excessive time if noted prior to closing repair order.
• Ensuring that all repairs are documented, technicians’ comments are descriptive and precise, and
that the allotted time is noted prior to closing and billing.
• Keeping abreast of all internal policy changes to maintain effectiveness in this role.
• Working closely with accounting office personnel regarding customer account changes, customer
credits, rebilling issues and clearing the sublet accounts when necessary.
• Providing customer account change information to service staff as needed.
• Handling customer complaints with integrity and poise, and when necessary, referring dissatisfied
customers to the appropriate individuals for resolution.
• Maintaining and filing all necessary documentation required by the Service Department.
• Posting all credits and charge backs in a timely manner.
• Closing, coding and electronically filing all warranty claims when required.
• Maintaining a professional appearance and a safe, clean work environment.
• Attending all Service Department staff meetings as required.
Qualifications that a candidate MUST possess in order to gain consideration for this position:
• Minimum of two to four years experience in truck/automotive administrative service business.
• Some degree of product and technical knowledge; ability to transfer technical information/
terminology to the final customer repair order.
• Must be sensitive to customer needs and a good listener.
• Must be a team player with a strong sense of commitment to the customer and service team.
• Must be self-motivated with good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must conduct oneself in a professional manner.
Qualifications that are WANTED in a candidate:
• The understanding and use of Microsoft programs and applications.
• Good organizational skills.
• Good working knowledge of internal and external service, sales and parts policies and procedures.
• Strive for respect and facilitate teamwork within all departments.